Location: Des Moines, IA
Online Application: Click Here
Be the preeminent, global commercial real estate services and investment firm, serving our clients with market-leading collaboration.
Our corporate values: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence (RISE) are our foundation. These values are timeless and transcend to all markets, service lines, languages and business cultures.
Strength. CBRE is the only commercial real estate services company in the Fortune 500
Size/Stability. We employ a workforce of over 44,000 employees across 350 offices worldwide (excluding affiliates), and have been in business for over 100 years
Diversity. Recognized as the 2013 Top 100 Military Friendly Employer® by G.I. Jobs and the 2014 Human Rights Council Best Place to Work For LGBT Equality
Eco-Friendly. Awarded the 2013 Energy Star Sustained Excellence Award for the 6th consecutive year by the Environmental Protection Agency
Come join us and RISE to the top! www.cbre.com -
POSITION CAN BE LOCATED IN RAPID CITY, SD, SIOUX FALL, SD AND DES MOINES, IA.
- Prepares market value appraisals on simple real estate assets with considerable supervision and oversight, training and mentoring by supervisory Appraiser or Manager.
- Assists senior appraiser in the preparation of real estate appraisal reports, including entering data in the property database, taking photos of the subject and comparables, and driving the neighborhood.
- Confirms data, conducts discussions with market participants, and performs additional research as necessary.
- Prepares and completes analysis and research on simple appraisal assignments.
- Prepares written market value reports from cover to cover with substantial analytical guidance of a senior appraiser.
- Examines and analyzes simple income producing properties and writes an analysis based on market comparisons.
- Researches market area and analyzes current transactions and how they compare to the subject property.
- Attempts to make a comparison analysis based on sales of similar properties.
- Analyzes of past revenue and expense performance and attempts to project a stabilized operating statement.
- May be trained to utilize Argus (cash flow software) and 3rd party databases to compile data for appraisal report.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university and a minimum of one to two years of related experience and/or training.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Requires average knowledge of financial real estate terms and principles.
- Basic understanding of approaches to value of real estate assets.
- Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations.
- Ability to solve problems in standard situations.
- Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Word and Excel. Good writing skills.
- Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines.
- Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans