MEETINGS & EVENTS
MISSION & GOALS
FIND AN APPRAISER
CHAPTER NEWSLETTERS & BOARD MINUTES
IOWA CHAPTER BYLAWS
Real Estate Analyst in Merriam, KS
Novogradac & Company LLP is a national certified public accounting and consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco. Founded in 1989, and the allied group of Novogradac companies has grown to more than 600 employees and partners with 18 offices throughout the country.
Novogradac & Company LLP is one of the nation’s top 50 certified public accounting and consulting firms and is a recognized leader in real estate and community development. This position allows the firm to provide excellent service to our customers and growth and mobility opportunities for employees. Novogradac provides publicly and privately held national enterprises with a full spectrum of audit, tax, valuation, expert witness and litigation support, property compliance and general consulting services and works extensively in the affordable housing, community development, historic preservation and renewable energy fields.
The Real Estate Analyst position is responsible for performing research and analysis for the Government Consulting and Valuation Advisory (GoVal) department. This includes reviewing property information, performing market studies, and analyzing economic trends in designated regions. This position reports to a designated Manager on the GoVal team.
• Perform preliminary property screenings, market analysis, comparable rents surveys, and demand analysis
• Perform market studies and assist in performing appraisals of proposed and existing real estate developments
• Find subsidized, tax credit and market rate comparables
• Analyze demographic information of market area and economic trends which include employment, average wages, median incomes of market area and relation to demand of affordable housing in area
• Analyze general housing market through comparison of renting and buying a home, construction of buildings and apartment market studies performed by other sources Quantify excluded properties in the market area
• Request information from appraisers on improved and land comparables
• Assist in performing Rent Comparability Studies by HUD guidelines
Desired Skills and Experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Display strong analytical skills, including the ability to gather information, conduct analyses, and present findings
• Solid organizational and follow-through skills, performing work accurately with strong attention to detail
• Ability to meet deadlines and effectively prioritize a fast-paced and varied workload, effectively manage a variety of concurrent and shifting priorities
• Strong computer skills, including solid skill in the Microsoft Office suite (prefer advanced skill in Excel)
• Available for domestic travel as needed
Bachelor’s degree in related area plus 2-4 years of Real Estate research, market analysis, or commercial appraisal experience, and/or appropriate balance of education and work experience.
Novogradac & Company LLP offers a progressive work environment, competitive pay and an excellent benefit package including; medical, dental, vision, paid-time-off, life/disability insurance, commuter flex accounts and a 401(k).
To be considered for this position, interested candidates MUST apply via our company website: http://careers.novoco.com/
Principal Global Investors is currently looking for a Commercial Real Estate Appraiser. In this role, you are responsible for reviewing appraisals and cash flow models to establish market values in support of real estate investments.
Required skills include:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
Minimum of 3 years' experience as a commercial real estate appraiser or commercial appraisal reviewer.
Ability to read and interpret financial and/or legal documents.
Ability to critically assess property valuations performed by the asset management/loan underwriting staff required.
Excellent analytical, critical thinking and organizational skills required.
Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to work on a team required.
Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
Knowledge of PC and software including Windows required.
Ability to travel and inspect properties required (less than 10%).
Experience using Argus Asset Management or Argus DCF/Argus Enterprise software required.
Preference given to those individuals that are state certified.
The Principal is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
At the Principal Financial Group, we offer a competitive total compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package to meet each of your needs. If you are looking for the opportunity to get ahead in your career, apply online at At the Principal Financial Group, we offer a competitive total compensation package and a comprehensive benefits package to meet each of your needs. If you are looking for the opportunity to get ahead in your career, apply online at www.principal.com/careers for job #218475 to be considered. AA/EOE
Commercial Real Estate Appraiser
Real Estate Research Corporation (RERC) is a national commercial real estate research, valuation, consulting, and fiduciary services firm. RERC is a national firm responsible for reviewing and consulting for more than $100 billion in institutional real estate assets for several of the largest and most prominent pension funds and insurance companies in the U.S. RERC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Situs, a commercial real estate advisory firm.
Commercial Real Estate Appraiser
RERC is accepting applications for a full-time commercial real estate appraiser position. RERC works for a number of clients to appraise commercial real estate assets that are generally focused on the core property types (office, industrial, retail, apartment, and hotel). The primary responsibilities for this position include performing valuations, which could include valuations for tax-appeal, re-development, dispositions, etc. Working closely with senior appraisers to meet hard deadlines and ability to execute at a high level. In addition, this position could also include assisting with our national clients, which include some of the largest and most prominent pension funds and insurance companies in the U.S., and involves engaging third-party appraisers, reviewing and analyzing final appraisals, executive summaries, and cash flows, and performing portfolio analytics. The position is open for the RERC office located in West Des Moines, IA. Compensation will be based on prior experience.
The ideal candidates would have a wide range of skills that could include:
- Commercial appraisal experience would be a plus
- Bachelor degree
- Interest in working towards a General State Certification and/or MAI designation would be a plus
- Experience with ARGUS
- Excellent analytical, communication, and teamwork skills
- Ability to work under time constraints, self-motivated, and attention to detail
Please send cover letter and resume to Morgan Westpfahl, Director - Operations at RERC, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CBRE/Valuation and Advisory Services
DES MOINES, IA
Be the preeminent, global commercial real estate services and investment firm, serving our clients with market-leading collaboration.
Our corporate values: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence (RISE) are our foundation. These values are timeless and transcend to all markets, service lines, languages and business cultures.
Strength. CBRE is the only commercial real estate services company in the Fortune 500
Size/Stability. We employ a workforce of over 44,000 employees across 350 offices worldwide (excluding affiliates), and have been in business for over 100 years
Diversity. Recognized as the 2013 Top 100 Military Friendly Employer® by G.I. Jobs
Eco-Friendly. Awarded the 2013 Energy Star Sustained Excellence Award for the 6th consecutive year by the Environmental Protection Agency
Come join us and RISE to the top! www.cbre.com
• Prepares market value appraisals on simple real estate assets with considerable supervision and oversight, training and mentoring by supervisory Appraiser or Manager.
• Assists senior appraiser in the preparation of real estate appraisal reports, including entering data in the property database, taking photos of the subject and comparables, and driving the neighborhood.
• Confirms data, conducts discussions with market participants, and performs additional research as necessary.
• Prepares and completes analysis and research on simple appraisal assignments.
• Prepares written market value reports from cover to cover with substantial analytical guidance of a senior appraiser.
• Examines and analyzes simple income producing properties and writes an analysis based on market comparisons.
• Researches market area and analyzes current transactions and how they compare to the subject property.
• Attempts to make a comparison analysis based on sales of similar properties.
• Analyzes of past revenue and expense performance and attempts to project a stabilized operating statement.
• May be trained to utilize Argus (cash flow software) and 3rd party databases to compile data for appraisal report.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
• Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills.
• Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
• Ability to effectively present information.
• Requires average knowledge of financial real estate terms and principles.
• Basic understanding of approaches to value of real estate assets.
• Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations.
• Ability to solve problems in standard situations.
• Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
• Basic skills in Microsoft Word and Excel. Good writing skills.
• Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines.
• Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans
Please contact Chris Jenkins at 515-273-3390 or email@example.com
Post a Job
To post a job opening on our online jobs board, please send the job description to Wayne Hennessey, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
. When your open position has been filled, please notify us so we may remove your listing.