VAS - Vice President
Position Type: Full Time
Requisitiion ID: 46666155
Location: Iowa, West Des Moines, 50061
Company Name: CBRE
About CBRE (NYSE: CBG): At CBRE, you are empowered to take your career path into your own hands. Enjoy workplace flexibility in a global organization with tremendous scale. Work in an inclusive and collaborative environment with supportive teammates. Come experience the employee advantage at CBRE.
CBRE has a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
As a Fortune 500 worldwide leader in real estate services, CBRE’s more than 70,000 professionals provide exceptional outcomes for clients in 60+ countries. When it comes to real estate, CBRE sees potential everywhere. We turn scale into strength, expense into performance, and property into prosperity.
• Independently prepares market value appraisals on complex real estate assets with review by Director, Managing or Director, Sr. Managing (one of whom must be [MAI] Member of the Appraisal Institute).
• Prepares real estate appraisal reports from start to finish on simple or complex properties, including all Appraiser responsibilities as well as performing detailed appraisal analysis in order to value real estate.
• May mentor trainees and/or develop new client relationships.
• Identifies value to be estimated by studying appraisal request, problem to be solved, and scope of the project, such as, mortgage financing, insurance replacement cost calculation, estate valuation, tax appeals, equitable distribution, corporate employee relocation, investment, or sale; identifying property characteristics.
• Determines valuation method by selecting approach and techniques for valuing property, i.e., cost, direct sales comparison, and income capitalization; identifying property characteristics and attributes.
• Researches and analyzes property information by collecting, verifying, and analyzing data regarding inventory of competitive properties, sales and listings, vacancies and offerings, absorption rates, demand studies, social, economic, governmental, and environmental characteristics, restrictions, encumbrances, covenants, contracts, declarations, special assessments, ordinances, cost and depreciation, income/expense and capitalization rate, history of ownership, and use of the property; conducting analyzes and studies, e.g., land utilization, supply and demand, economic feasibility, highest and best use, marketability, development, litigation support; searching databases; inspecting property; interviewing people in a position to understand the property.
• Prepares appraisal report by describing physical and economic property characteristics, appraisal procedures used, and information analyzed; disclosing extraordinary assumptions, and hypothetical and limiting conditions; presenting supportive reasoning.
• Maintains organization reputation by conforming to the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP); keeping information confidential.
• Updates job knowledge by tracking current real estate values and property development potential, including land use restrictions; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations for the purpose of conducting accurate appraisals.
• Contributes to overall organizational goals by adding to database, setting up a library, specializing in niche real estate markets, mentoring trainees, and engaging in client development.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
• Coordinates and assigns tasks to co-workers within a work unit and/or project team.
• Leads project teams and/or plan, and supervise assignments of lower level employees.
• May have responsibility for identifying training needs, tracking performance, coaching, and motivating a work unit and/or group.
• Bachelors Degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university required.
• Master’s degree (MA, MS or MBA) preferred.
• A minimum of (8) years commercial appraisal experience and (3) years commercial appraisal review experience.
• Institutional review experience is a plus.
• Annual production of at least $400k.
• Must have General State Certification/License.
• MAI preferred.
• Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex business documents.
• Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
• Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style.
• Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients and/or public groups.
• Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees and client groups to take desired action.
• Requires above-average knowledge of financial real estate terms and principles.
• Complete understanding of approaches to value of real estate assets.
• Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations.
• Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sales environment.
• Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations of significance to the operation.
• Must be proficient in Argus, MS Word and MS Excel.
• Good writing skills.
• Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines.
• Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines.
• Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans
Apply Online: http://cbre.contacthr.com/46666155